Have you ever laughed so hard that you feel like you can’t breathe and your abdomen is going to explode? Well, that’s a good thing! All that wonderful laughter is an excellent workout of your abdominal muscles! What a fun way to do an abdominal workout – no panting, no sweating – just laughing your head off!
Laughter is chock full of health benefits, both mental and physical. This will be a two part blog, and today I will focus on the physical benefits of laughter. Just watching something really funny and having a good, hearty laugh can improve your health in many ways physically! Just check out the benefits below:
1. Strengthens your immune system by increasing the levels of immune cells and antibodies that fight infection.
2. Lowers blood pressure by increasing blood flow. This can have a protective effect on the heart.
3. Has been shown to reduce blood sugar levels in diabetics.
4. Reduces the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline and triggers the release of endorphins, relaxing the whole body.
5. Increases memory and learning.
6. Improves alertness and creativity.
7. Reduces pain and increases energy.
So go ahead, laugh like you’ve never laughed before! It’s great for your health!
I am a huge Seinfeld fan. The following video is part 1 of Seinfeld bloopers involving Julia Louis Dreyfus. I found these videos several years ago, and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life. Check it out…..I hope you laugh til your abs ache!