Home » Miss Angel Cat
Category Archives: Miss Angel Cat
“Angel” – that is the name of my beautiful kitty cat. But I should have named her “Ornery”.
She is chock full of personality, and sometimes I call her “Miss Personality”. It is hard for me to hold her and love on her because she always wants to get down and play. When I talk to her, she rolls onto her back over and over again, and she loves to talk back. In fact, she is the most talkative cat that I have ever owned. One of the funniest things that she does is when she smells something, she will open her mouth and just look at me. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!
When I throw a toy in the air, she jumps up so high to get it – sometimes three to four feet! I am always shocked when she jumps that high. While I write in my living room, she goes down to the first level of my townhouse and looks out the window at the birds and those who walk their dogs. She absolutely loves to do this, but every 15 minutes or so, she comes back up to “check” on me. She lets me pet her head and she rubs up against me, and then she returns to the lower level to look out the window. It is so incredibly cute!
To understand this story, I have to share my morning routine. Angel sleeps on the bed with me. When I wake up, I turn on the TV and listen to the news for about ten minutes or so, and Angel knows this, so she patiently waits for me. But if it takes any more than ten minutes, she will start to meow. Then she will jump on the nightstand and start pushing things off onto the floor. I know at that point that I need to get up and get moving.
Yesterday was Mother’s Day. When I woke up, I immediately picked up the phone and called my mom. This was different from the normal routine, so I guess it bothered Angel. While talking to my mom, she went over to the blinds and started patting them as hard as she could with her paws which made quite a bit of noise. I snapped my fingers to get her to be quiet at which point she stopped and looked at me. I continued to talk to my mom, and she went back to batting at the blinds. I gave up, got out of bed and went downstairs with her while I talked to my mom. We both laughed at Angel’s behavior – cats certainly know how to get us to do what they want!
This morning, when I woke up, Angel started to bat the blinds again with her paws. She didn’t even wait the usual ten minutes or so. I think she may have learned from yesterday that if she messes with the blinds, I will get up immediately. And that is exactly what I did! She certainly has me figured out!
Well, there is a picture of Jesus on the wall that I see every day when I go downstairs. This picture of Jesus is the same one from the book “Heaven is for Real”, and it is my favorite picture of Him. This morning, I was caught off guard as I glanced at this picture. For a split second, it looked as if Jesus was smiling….kind of as if he was about to laugh. I quickly looked back at the picture, and He looked just like He had always looked, but I knew what I saw in that split second. I smiled and then chuckled.
“Yeah, you are the one that gave her to me!” I said quietly as I walked down the steps, laughing. I then picked up Angel and loved on her, knowing that she was a gift from Jesus. I always knew that, but this morning I was reminded of how lucky I am to have this wonderful cat in my life.
I finally was able to get Mom to let me post something on her blog, and I am so excited! For my first post, I want to offer my advice to all my feline friends on how to wake up your human in the morning.
Isn’t it awful to have to wait for them to wake up? I mean, I’m hungry! I want my morning treat! Sometimes I have to wait almost an hour before she finally gets up and follows me to the kitchen where the food is located. Sigh….it gets old. So, I have developed some clever tactics to get her out of bed. Here they are:
- I go up to her face and put my nose next to hers. At the very least, it will make her scrunch up her face and move a little.
- I place my paw on her face…repeatedly until she begins to wake up.
- If those tactics don’t work, I start rubbing my paws loudly against the headboard. This usually wakes her up enough to push me away. But that doesn’t matter to me…I want my food and treat!
- Then I push my paws against the blinds. This makes a ton of noise. She usually yells at me to be quiet.
- Next, I move to the bedside table and begin to push everything on it off and onto the floor. This will irritate her and she will tell me to stop, but nothing can stop me from getting my treat!
- So if all that doesn’t work, I leave the room and go to another room. I run as fast as I can and jump on the bed. Sometimes I have to do this several times. Usually this will wake her up.
- One time, I just couldn’t wake her up, so I tried this one last thing. I must say, Mom was quite upset with me. But desperate times call for desperate measures! I ran as fast as I could and jumped on the bed, right smack onto her face. She was angry with me, but she got up immediately!
I hope these tips help my dear cat friends out there!
Miss Angel Cat